Vanilla wafers and ginger cookies are covered in fun colored candy melts to make these cheery daisy cookies!
These are less recipe and more edible craft project- and they are SO fun! 🙂 I love (lovelovelove) Anna’s Swedish cookies. They are available in Ginger, Orange, Almond and Mint Chocolate. I get mine at Walmart- but you can find them on Amazon to0- right here. They are less expensive at Walmart though! Every flavor comes in an adorable flower shape that lends itself to making these cute little cookies! Make them in any color you want- and use any flavor cookie! So fun.
Here is how we made them: (printable recipe)
- 1 box of Anna’s Swedish Ginger Thins (I found mine at Walmart)
- 1 box of Nilla wafers
- Wilton’s Candy Melts in a variety of colors (I used up some of my half-filled bags with this recipe!)
- Sugar Sprinkles as desired (shown in yellow)
- Melt Wilton’s candy melts (in the center color- I used yellow!) in the microwave in 30 second increments, stirring between until smooth.
- Dip Nilla Wafers into the melted candy, lifting them up with a fork and tapping the fork on the side of the bowl to allow excess candy melts to drain away.
- Pull bottom of cookie along edge of bowl to remove excess candy melts and slide coated cookie off fork onto parchment paper.
- Sprinkle with jimmies or sugar to give it that “rough” center-of-a-flower look, and allow these to harden.
- Melt candy melts in other colors, using the same technique. Dip an Anna’s cookie in whatever color you are using and use a similar technique to tap excess off and slide bottom against edge of bowl.
- Place coated Anna’s cookie on parchment paper and before it hardens, place a “center” on it.
- Allow cookie to harden up before serving.
My thoughts: These are just plain fun to make. They are great for practicing your chocolate dipping skills, since these are nice hard cookies without any fillings that get soft. You can do them in any colors you want- and a variety of flavors. My only warning…… Everyone loved these and exclaimed over the cute FLOWERS unless they saw a white and yellow one 1st. Then they asked if it was an egg 🙂 Sigh. Maybe a mini- Nilla wafer would be better as a “center” for those? However you decorate them, I hope you enjoy these fun summer cookies! ~r
Eggs? Daisies? Haha…..
Other fun flower ideas here on Easybaked: (click on a photo to see the recipe)