Don’t wrinkle your nose at the name- this tart cream filling is perfectly balanced by a sweet fruity crust. Let your inner child rejoice– its FRUIT LOOPS in a PIE!!!!
- 3c. of crushed Fruit Loops (crush before you measure)
- 1/2c. butter (melted)
- 1/2c. sugar
- 8oz. Philadelphia Cream Cheese
- 1 (0.22 oz.) packet Kool Aid- Ice Blue Raspberry Lemonade flavor
- 2c. marshmallow fluff
- 8 oz. Cool Whip (refrigerator temp).
- Mix together Fruit Loops, butter and sugar.
- Press mixture into an ungreased 9 inch pie plate.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 10 minutes.
- Cool completely.
- Cream together Kool Aid and Philadelphia Cream Cheese
- Add Marshmallow fluff and blend well.
- Fold in 1c. of Cool Whip.
- Spoon into cooled crust
- Top with remaining Cool Whip
- Sprinkle Fruit Loops over the top
- Freeze for at least 2 hours.
- Serve chilled.
My thoughts: This recipe has been simmering in the back of my mind ever since I made my raspberry lemonade truffles for RWOP a few weeks ago. Adding Kool Aid to Cream Cheese…using fun cereal as a crust…finally I just did it. It won’t qualify for the contest as it really needs some time in the freezer to set properly– NOT within the one hour time limit! What a fun and refreshing dessert this turned out to be– I hope you try it and love it!! -r
This recipe was shared on these wonderful blogs:
- Make Ahead Meals
- Sumo’s Sweet Stuff
- The Girl Creative
- Nothing but Country
- Cajun Sugar Pie
- Well Seasoned Life