INGREDIENTS: (makes 12 mini cheesecakes)
- 3/4 c. finely crushed graham crackers
- 2 1/2 T. melted butter
- 1/3 c. mini chocolate chips
- 1 (8oz) bar of Philadelphia Cream Cheese (softened to room temperature)
- 1/3 c. sugar
- 1 egg
- 1/4 t. vanilla
- 1 tube of refrigerated chocolate chip cookie dough (I use Pillsbury)
- Preheat oven to 325.
- Open tube of cookie dough and using a small melon baller or Mini Cookie Scoop make 12 small cookie balls (about an inch in diameter) and set aside. (You will not use much of the dough for this recipe- which means you can make cookies later!!!)
- Combine graham cracker crumbs with butter and mix well.
- Add mini chips, and when well combined, evenly divide into a Mini Cheesecake Pan (make sure you place your metal disks in each cup first!)
- Press crumbs into bottom of each cup using a Mini Tart Shaper
- Combine softened cream cheese with sugar and add egg and vanilla. Beat until smooth.
- Evenly divide batter into each of the 12 mini cheesecake cups.
- Place pan on a cookie sheet and bake at 325 degrees for 30 minutes.
- Remove pan from oven and gently place one cookie dough ball on the top of each mini cheesecake.
- Return pan to the oven for 10-12 minutes- until cookies are baked on the top of each cheesecake and starting to brown.
- Remove from oven and cool completely.
- Refrigerate overnight, remove from pan and ENJOY!!
My thoughts: It took me two tries to get the cookie dough to bake on the top all cute and pretty. Its all in the timing. My first attempt at this recipe, I put the cookie dough on top before the cheesecake was baked. The cookie dough sank and pushed the cheesecake batter right over the top of the pans, leaving a huge mess! Putting the dough on near the end of baking worked perfectly. Lesson? When at first you don’t succeed, try again! (also, stock up on cream cheese when it is on sale so it doesn’t cost a fortune to experiment!) I really hope you love these yummy little treats! Enjoy!! -r