- 2c. creamy peanut butter
- 2c. sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1bag (12 oz) of Wilton Dark Candy Cocoa Melts
- Mix peanut butter, sugar and eggs together in a mixing bowl. Using a Large Cookie Scoop, scoop batter onto cookie sheets and press with fork for surface design. Bake at 350 degrees for 12-14 minutes. Cool completely.
- Melt chocolate candy melts in microwave in 30 second increments, stirring in between.
- Spread parchment paper on a flat even surface
- Spoon about 2 tsp of melted chocolate onto the parchment paper
- Press a cooled cookie into the center of the chocolate.
- Allow chocolate to cool and harden. Drizzle chocolate over the top if desired.
- When chocolate is cool and hard, peel cookies off the paper and serve!
Makes about 24 cookies.
My thoughts: I love peanut butter cookies- and this recipe is incredibly simple (even kids would love making this!) I had extra candy melts from another project and that was the inspiration for the “black-bottom” part of this cookie (that, and the fact that I am ADDICTED to Fudge stripe cookies!!!) I wasn’t sure if the cookie and chocolate would stick together well- but they were inseparable! The drizzle on top just adds to the gourmet feel of these cookies. I hope you get a chance to try these– the “WOW’s” when you serve them are well worth the little extra time with the chocolate! Enjoy! r-