These bar cookies are full of all your favorite Rocky Road ingredients with a twist– rice crispies and a thick Cream Cheese fudge. Easy and quick to make, this is sure to be one of your new go-to recipes!
- 8 oz. Philadelphia Cream Cheese
- 12 oz. semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 2c. mini marshmallows
- 2c. rice krispies
- 1c. dry roasted, salted peanuts
- 1/2 c. creamy peanut butter
- 1/4c. powdered sugar
- Melt chocolate chips in microwave in 30 second increments, stirring well in between, until smooth.
- Soften cream cheese in microwave until creamy and smooth.
- Combine chocolate and cream cheese until well blended.
- Take one cup of chocolate/cream cheese mixture out and set aside in a separate bowl.
- To original mixture, add marshmallows, peanuts and rice krispies- stirring well to completely coat.
- Press this mixture into a 9×9 pan that has been lined with foil.
- To remaining bowl of chocolate and cream cheese, add peanut butter, mixing until smooth.
- Add powdered sugar to desired consistency (should be thick yet still spreadable)
- Spread this fudge layer over the top of the bars and freeze for 30 minutes.
- Remove bars from the pan using the foil to lift out. Cut into squares and serve!
My thoughts: This was another recipe created for the RWOP website competition….no winning for me yet, but I’m going to keep trying! 🙂
It was inspired by bar cookies my grandmother used to make with me when I was little. Hers were called O’Henry Krispies and they were delicious! The addition of cream cheese gives these bars a rich and creamy feel. This is an incredibly easy dessert- but oh soooo yummy! Hope you enjoy them! r-
Those bars look oh so good.