Layers of chocolate cake, caramel, pecans and chocolate chips make this cake unique and DELICIOUS!!!
- 1 box of german chocolate cake mix
- eggs, oil and water needed to make mix according to box
- 30 Kraft caramels (unwrapped)
- 8 oz. Philadelphia cream cheese
- 1c. chopped pecans
- 1c. semi-sweet chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Coat sides and bottom of 9-Inch Springform Pan
with cooking spray and place a circle of parchment paper in the bottom.
- Make cake mix as directed.
- Scoop 1/2 of cake mix into bottom of pan and bake for 2o min.
- While cake is baking, heat cream cheese in a saucepan over medium heat until smooth.
- Add caramels and stir constantly until completely melted and smooth.
- After 20 minutes, remove cake from oven. Pour nuts and chocolate chips over partially baked cake layer. Pour caramel over (this may sink slightly in the middle.)
- Carefully scoop remaining cake mixture over the top, covering all of the caramel and bake for an additional 25-30 minutes (until center is firm and a cake tester comes out clean).
- Remove from oven and run a knife around edges of pan.
- Allow to set until cool.
- Remove edges of pan and then turn over by setting serving plate on top of cake and flipping. Remove pan bottom and parchment paper.
- Top with powdered sugar and caramel sauce if desired.
My thoughts: I created this cake recipe thinking I could enter it into the RWOP contest (dessert week is coming!) It simply took too long to completely cook and set though (the contest has a one hour limit). I had to post it here for you all though because it was SO tasty! Enjoy!