White chocolate cheesecake covered with chocolate dipped strawberries??? I’ll have some of that! (in fact I went off my diet and did– just a little….) This is my standard cheesecake recipe with a twist- it’s surrounded by Nilla Wafers and topped with loads of dipped strawberries! Fun and fancy- you will impress your guests with this cheesecake!
- 9 oz. chocolate wafer cookies (I use animal crackers)
- 15-20 Nilla Wafers
- 1/4 c. margarine (melted)
- 2 (8oz.) packages of Philadelphia Cream Cheese (softened)
- 1/2c. sugar
- 3 eggs
- 2 c. white chocolate chips (melted)
- 1 c. heavy whipping cream
- 2 tbsp. margarine (melted)
- 3 tsp. vanilla
- 1 1/2c. heavy whipping cream (divided)
- 1c. semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 15-20 medium strawberries
- one bag (12 oz.) Wilton White Candy Melts
- one bag (12 oz) Wilton Dark Candy Cocoa Melts
- 1/3c. powdered sugar
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees
- Crush cookies into fine crumbs and add melted margarine. Combine well and press into the bottom of a 9-Inch Springform Pan
- Gently press Nilla wafers upright along the edges of the crust.
- Beat softened cream cheese with sugar until smooth.
- Add eggs one at a time, beating in between each one.
- Add remaining cheesecake ingredients, beating until smooth.
- Pour into crust and allow to sit at room temp for 30 minutes.
- Place on a cookie sheet and bake for 60 minutes.
- Turn off oven, open oven door a little and allow to sit for another 30 minutes.
- Remove from oven and run knife around edge of pan. Remove edge of pan.
- Allow cheesecake to come to room temperature and then refrigerate overnight.
- CHOCOLATE: Put 1/2c. whipping cream into saucepan and heat just until bubbling at edges. Turn heat off, add chocolate chips, cover and allow to sit for 5 minutes.
- After 5 minutes, stir until smooth.
- Pour over top of cheesecake and allow this to harden.
- STRAWBERRIES: Take the top off each strawberry and wash well. Allow these to dry completely on paper towel.
- Melt both dark and white chocolate candy melts in the microwave in 30 second increments, stirring in between until completely melted.
- Gently dip strawberries in chocolate (half in dark and half in white). Use a fork to drain away excess chocolate and set on parchment paper to harden.
- Put remaining melted chocolate in ziplock bags. Clip a corner and drizzle each strawberry with its opposite color.
- Allow these to completely harden.
- Add powdered sugar to remaining cup of whipping cream and whip with mixer (you could use Cool Whip to save time on this part).
- Spoon whipped cream into a zip-lock bag with a decorative tip added into one corner.
- Gently place hardened dipped strawberries on cheesecake.