Crunchy toffee, pecans and chocolate make these bars irresistible! This is a wonderfully quick and easy recipe for a last minute treat.
- 10-15 sheets of graham crackers
- 1c. finely chopped pecan pieces
- 1 stick of butter
- 1 stick of margarine
- 1/2 c. sugar
- 1c. mini chocolate chips
- Line an 11×17 jelly roll pan with a sheet of parchment paper (cut to size)
- Break graham crackers into quarters and lay out on parchment paper.
- Sprinkle pecan pieces over grahams.
- Make sauce by melting butter, margarine and sugar together in a saucepan.
- Bring sauce to a boil and boil for 3 minutes. (sauce should be yellow and syrupy)
- Pour sauce over grahams and pecans.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 10 minutes.
- Top with chocolate chips and allow to sit until hard (you can chill to speed this process)
- Peel up using parchment paper and break into pieces.
My thoughts: Easy, tasty and fun….I got this recipe from a coworker many many years ago and it is a great last-minute recipe. If you like heath bars this is the perfect recipe for you! Enjoy! r-
These look great…like the use of the graham crackers. 🙂
Oh so yummy!