Are you ready for Thanksgiving? Have you decided what you’re having for dessert yet–other than the proverbial pumpkin pie? This cheesecake combines three unique fall flavors- ginger, butterscotch and caramel- and it simply melts in your mouth. Wow your guests with an Easybaked cheesecake!!
- One bag (13 oz.) of Archway ginger snaps, finely crushed. (approximately 2 cups)
- 1/4 c. butter
- 2 (8oz.) packages of Philadelphia Cream Cheese (softened)
- 1/2c. sugar
- 3 eggs
- 2 c. butterscotch chips (melted)
- 1 c. heavy whipping cream
- 3 tsp. vanilla
- 32 Kraft caramels (unwrapped)
- 1/2c. butter
- 1 can (14oz.) sweetened condensed milk
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees
- Crush cookies into fine crumbs and add melted butter. Combine well and press into the bottom of a 9-Inch Springform Pan
- Beat softened cream cheese with sugar until smooth.
- Add eggs one at a time, beating in between each one.
- Add remaining cheesecake ingredients, beating until smooth.
- Pour into crust and allow to sit at room temp for 30 minutes.
- Place on a cookie sheet and bake for 60 minutes,
- Turn off oven, open oven door a little and allow to sit for another 30 minutes.
- Remove from oven and run knife around edge of pan. Remove edge of pan.
- Allow to come to room temperature (make caramel topping during this time.)
- Put caramels, condensed milk and margarine into a saucepan and melt over medium heat, stirring constantly until smooth (6-8 minutes)
- Pour caramel over the top of the cooled cheesecake, spreading to edges.
- Refrigerate overnight
- Remove bottom of pan when cheesecake is thoroughly chilled.
- Before serving, pipe whipped cream around edges of cheesecake if desired and sprinkle with a little cocoa powder.
My thoughts: A flavorful creamy cheesecake. I love the gingersnap crust– that adds a lot of the fall spice to this. I ADORE caramel- so there’s a lot of it on this cheesecake. If you want less, simply halve the recipe and be happy!! Have a wonderful Thanksgiving with your family and friends!!!! Enjoy! r~
One last yummy bite…..
Other cheesecake recipes from Easybaked that you might enjoy~ click on the image to be taken to the recipe: