Creamy lemon pie inside of a chewy gingersnap cookie cup! A perfect summer treat!
I am usually several week to months ahead in this blog. In January I am thinking about Easter, at Halloween I am baking Christmas cookies. But today- I am behind! Goodness, I’ve had such a busy spring and summer. I was 2 months ahead and now I’ve got nothing planned for the coming weeks. All that to say- I needed something SO easy and quick this week. These are a perfect recipe for easy and quick! 🙂
They don’t LOOK easy and quick- but 30 minutes, including baking time, is all you’ll need! Love it!
Here’s how we made them: (printable recipe here)
- One tube of refrigerated sugar cookie dough
- About 3 cups of gingersnaps cookies (you’ll need 2 cups of them crushed)
- One can of lemon pie filling
- One container of Cool Whip (or make your own whipped cream if you prefer)
- Preheat the oven to 350F degrees.
- In a large mixing bowl, use clean hand to knead together 1 and 1/2 cups of cookie crumbs with the refrigerated cookie dough.
- Divide evenly into 12 muffin tins and press into bottom.
- Bake for 16- 20 minutes.
- Use a tart shaper or a wooden spoon to press the centers in, forming a cookie cup (photo below is from an earlier cookie cup recipe, but shows how you should shape the cups. It is easier if you shape them in the tin and allow them to cool, which is not what the photo shows- sorry!).
- Allow cup to cool completely and use a small knife to pop each cookie cup out of the tin.
- Spoon or pipe lemon pie filling into each cookie cup.
- Top with cool whip (I used a zip-top bag, fitted with a piping tip, to pipe mine on in swirls).
- Sprinkle remaining crumbs on tops.
- Keep covered and refrigerated until serving.
My thoughts: Easy and delicious! The ginger snap crust is a perfect combination with that lemon filling! Delicious summer flavor combination. I hope you get a chance to try these!! Enjoy! ~r
Other fun summer recipes on Easybaked (click on a photo to see the recipe):