These moist little brownie cups have a layer of creamy coconut and a yummy fudge topping. Beautiful and easy to make, these are sure to impress!
I’m addicted to coconut. I really do love it in everything. Have you seen the coconut Oreos? The coconut M&Ms? The coconut Hershey kisses? Yeah….there’s no better flavor in my book! That said, if you hate coconut (as many of my friends do), these little brownie cups can be made with other flavorings. I’ve made them with mint, maple and raspberry flavorings and all of them are delicious! You can add a little food coloring to make them pretty too. This is a really fun, easy and versatile recipe- and I think you are going to love it!!
Here’s the recipe, it makes 24 cups: (printable version)
- 1cup butter
- 2 cup sugar
- 3 eggs
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- 2 cups flour
- 1/2 cup cocoa
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup milk
- 5 cups powdered sugar
- 8 tablespoons melted butter
- 2 teaspoons coconut extract
- 1/2 cup shredded coconut
- 12oz. semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 12 tablespoons butter (do not substitute margarine here!)
- Preheat oven to 350.
- Cream butter and sugar together.
- Beat in eggs, cocoa, vanilla and salt.
- Add flour and milk (alternating them and mixing well in between)
- Spoon evenly into 24 cupcake liners in a cupcake tin.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 10-12 minutes (don’t over bake- they will start to pull away from the liner)
- Add melted butter to sugar and extract.
- Mix well, using water to bring it to a thick but spreadable consistency.
- Add coconut and blend well.
- Scoop filling into a large zip top bag fitting with a large round tip and pipe filling over the top of each brownie.
- Melt butter and chocolate together in the microwave in 30 second increments, stirring in between until completely melted and smooth.
- Pipe over coconut filling and spread evenly over top
- Chill until top layer is hard and use any extra topping to pipe fine lines on the top if desired~ be creative!!
My thoughts: These are one of my favorite go-to recipes. I love how beautiful they are and I love the versatility of the flavors. These are SO perfect for showers and parties. You can even color the fillings to match school, team or wedding colors. Very fun! I hope you enjoy them!!! ~r