Swirls of caramel and chocolate cake, topped with caramel sauce and pecans, make this a beautiful and decadent dessert!
I love bundt cakes. They are just so pretty and fun to serve. This one is a combination of caramel and chocolate in a memorably beautiful and tasty display of yumminess!
This uses cake mixes and Kraft caramels, so it is a quick and easy dessert to put together, and it serves a ton of people, 14-16 at least.
Here’s how we made it: (printable recipe)
- One box of chocolate cake mix (plus water, oil and eggs to make according to box)
- One box of caramel cake mix- I use Duncan Hines- (plus water, oil and eggs to make according to box)
- 32 Kraft Caramels (unwrapped)
- 1 can (14 oz.) of sweetened condensed milk
- 1 stick (1/2 cup) of butter
- Whole Pecans (as many as you want to sprinkle on top)
- Mini chocolate chips (as many as you want to sprinkle on top)
- I also added some Kraft caramel bits as sprinkles because I had them and they sounded fun- those are the little round caramel bits you see in my photos.
- Preheat oven to 350F degrees.
- Make up both cake mixes according to package.
- Alternate pouring them into a well-greased bundt pan. Fill the pan only 3/4 full. You will have a little cake mix left at the end, since both mixes don’t fully fit in the pan.
- Place on a cookie sheet (just in case of overflow) and bake for 40-50 minutes. A cake tester or skewer should come out clean when cake is fully baked.
- Allow cake to cool for 5-10 minutes in pan, and then tip onto a wire cake rack to finish cooling.
- While cake cools, make caramel.
- Place unwrapped caramels into a medium saucepan with sweetened condensed milk and butter.
- Heat on medium/high, stirring constantly, until caramels are completely melted and smooth.
- Place cake on serving plate.
- Pour caramel sauce over the bundt cake, allowing it to run down the sides.
- Immediately sprinkle with nuts and chocolate chips. If you wait these will not stick to the caramel as it hardens.
- Allow topping to cool and firm up before cutting.
My thoughts: This is such a moist cake, and if you aren’t a big fan of frosting this is perfect- no frosting at all- just a soft caramel. It’s a perfect fancy dessert that is so quick to make, and fun to serve!
Other yummy caramel desserts you’ll love (just click on photo to be taken to recipe):