What could be better than a big slice of german chocolate cake? Why a german chocolate cookie stuffed full of that yummy coconut pecan icing of course!
- 1 box of German Chocolate cake mix
- 1/3c. softened margarine
- 1/2 box of cream cheese (4 oz.)
- 1/3 c. semi-sweet chocolate chips (melted)
- 1 egg
- German chocolate frosting (get a tub of it –or be fancy and use my favorite recipe for it!)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Cream together margarine and cream cheese until smooth.
- Add egg, stirring until smooth.
- Blend in melted chocolate.
- Add cake mix last and stir until combined. Use your hands to knead mixture into a heavy cookie dough.
- Make evenly- size small balls of dough (I use a Small Cookie Scoop) and place on cookie sheets.
- Gently press cookies into a flattened cookie shape (rather than a ball) as they will not spread out when they bake.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 12-14 minutes.
- Remove cookies from oven and cool completely.
- Spread frosting between two similarly -sized cookies and chill until serving.
My thoughts: I love how the cookie part turned out. I was really just experimenting with using a cake mix. I’ve used a cake mix before with my Carrot Cake Cookies– but I knew they couldn’t be made the same (oatmeal in a german chocolate cake?!). The cookies are dense and sooo chocolatey and rich. They scoop wonderfully and don’t stick to the cookie sheet– perfect! Look for them again soon– I want to try my hand at some caramel cookies with caramel cake mix!!! Enjoy!