Advertisements
RSS Feed

Chocolate Easter Eggs with Peanut Butter Filling!

Posted on

These chocolate eggs are filled with a creamy peanut butter mixture.  Fill your Easter baskets with this easy to make recipe!!!

INGREDIENTS:

DIRECTIONS:

• Combine margarine with peanut butter and add powdered sugar until mixture is thick enough to be rolled and molded by hand.
  • Form eggs in any size (I use an egg-shaped 1/3 cup measuring spoon, but you can shape by hand in other sizes as well)
  • Melt chocolate in microwave in 30 second increments, stirring well in between until smooth.
  • Using a fork, dip peanut butter eggs into chocolate until completely covered and slide off fork onto parchment paper.  Allow chocolate to cool and harden.
  • Decorate as desired (drizzle with other colored chocolate, or sprinkle with spring candy…).

My thoughts:  This is my second year making these eggs as a fundraiser for missions trips at my church.  We have improved our technique for making these in large quantities and had a lot of fun this year.  These are HUGE peanut butter eggs.  I always warn people to not eat a whole one all at once!  The filling is so creamy and rich.  I hope you get a chance to try these out for YOUR Easter baskets!  Here’s some shots of our egg-making extravaganza:

Advertisements

About Ruthanne

Ruthanne is a scientist with a passion for baking and food photography. Using her kitchen as a lab, she loves experimenting with a variety of flavors and ingredients to create unique, fun and ultimately tasty delights! Thus she created EasyBaked, a website where sugar and chocolate overflow in fun and easy recipes. Her Motto: Money can’t buy happiness -- but it can buy marshmallows, and that’s nearly the same thing! www.easybaked.net

26 responses »

1. These look really great and easy! I love peanut butter and chocolate together ❤

2. These look so yummy! Thanks for sharing, visiting from Somewhat Simple.

3. Pingback: Rufus Thinks I’m a Versatile Blogger « The Baker's Laboratory

4. These look divine AND delicious! Great job! If I hadn’t just eaten the last of my chocolate chips, I’d make them right this very second! MMMmmmmmm…

Aloha,
    Charlie

5. We’d love to invite you to come on by and link it up, if you wish to THIS WEEK’S CRAVINGS “Easter Cookies & Treats”

6. Hi there,
    I saw this on Moms Crazy Cooking linky party. These look and sound really yummy! Love the idea.

7. thanks for the recipe!! I think I’ve made about 3 batches using different recipes this year and I just can’t get the perfect peanutbutter egg! but I will def try yours! they look great!

• You’re welcome Angie!!!! Wow- you are on a quest! You’ll have to tell me what you think! To me, these are a lot like Reese cups in consistency and taste- hope you love them!!!!!:)

8. YUMMY! I recently made a homemade peanut butter egg recipe similar to this and it was so tasty. Definitely makes you think twice before buying store-bought!

Thanks for sharing with So Sweet Sundays! I hope you’ll continue to come back and perhaps become a follower, as well! 🙂

9. those look egg-celent 😉 I LOVE choc and pb and those look easy and fun to make. what a super idea for a missions trip fund-raiser!

10. I posted a recipe for these too! 🙂

So yummy!!!!!!!!

11. I made these tonight, and will post on my blog tomorrow. They were so good! Taste just like Reese’s peanut butter eggs. Thanks for a great recipe!

• You are so welcome– I’m glad they turned out for you– I bet they tasted great with ghirardelli chocolate!!! You did a great job decorating them 🙂 Happy Easter!

12. curious how much you sell the eggs for?

13. I just made these peanut butter eggs as a fundraiser for our girls club at church. Looking to sell lots of them because they taste wonderful! Thanks for an easy recipe! I wrapped them in shiny gold foil and found 1 oz to be the perfect size!

14. How many eggs does this recipe make using the spoon as a mold.