Moist strawberry cake layered with a rich lemonade cream filling. Introducing summer——on a plate!
- One box of strawberry cake mix (plus oil, water and eggs as directed on box)
- 8oz. Philadelphia Cream Cheese (softened to room temp.)
- 1 packet (0.23oz.) of Kool-Aid Lemonade
- Yellow food coloring gel (as desired for color)
- 2cups Jet-Puffed Marshmallow Creme
- 8 oz. Cool Whip Topping
- Fresh strawberries to garnish.
- Make cake according to box and bake in 2- 9 inch round cake pans as directed. Turn finished cakes over on cake racks and allow to cool completely.
- Cream together cream cheese, lemonade and yellow food coloring until smooth.
- Mix marshmallow creme in and then mix in Cool Whip until completely smooth. Refrigerate until cake is cooled and cut.
- Cut each cake layer in half.
- Alternating layers of cake with layers of filling, assemble cake. End with layer of filling.
- Top with sliced strawberries.
- Refrigerate and serve chilled.
My thoughts: YUM!!!!! I’m a little obsessed with the filling I used in those confetti cups a few weeks back. This lemonade filling is similar- but has more Cool Whip to make it light and fluffy. I’ve never made a strawberry cake mix before– it is SO GOOD! I love that this recipe uses a cake mix- it makes it a VERY easy and quick recipe that looks so fancy and fun! I think you could drizzle some white chocolate over this and make it over-the-top fancy. I really hope you enjoy this recipe— I’ve gotta have a piece –ready….set….GO!
Want to see more pictures of this cake done as a birthday cake? The filling is made just a little thicker so that the entire cake can be frosted. Just click here. Enjoy!
4-17-12: I love it when people try recipes I’ve posted and take pictures of the process- check out how “Don’t fight the Apple” made this recipe into yummy jar cakes to send to her boyfriend overseas! Great idea!!
4-23-12: Or check out the tips and beautiful photos taken at Jam Hands.
Try some other fun strawberry desserts at Easybaked~ just click on an image to be taken to the recipe!