These adorable frozen cups are layered with chocolate, coconut and almonds. A new twist on some favorite flavors!! These use a mini cheesecake pan that is SO much fun, but if you want, you can make these in muffin tins lined with cupcake papers instead. This recipe makes 12 frozen cups.
- 1 1/2 c. of crushed Oreo cookies
- 1/2 c. semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 1/4 c. whipping cream
- About 2 cups of shredded, sweetened coconut
- About 1 cup of slivered almonds
- 1 1/2 c. cold milk
- 1 box (4 servings, 3.9 oz) instant coconut pudding
- 1 (8 oz) container of Cool Whip (thawed in fridge)
- 1/4 c. Wilton’s Candy Melts (to drizzle on top as decoration)
- Crush Oreos into fine crumbs. (I love my KitchenAid food chopper for this job!)
- Prepare mini cheesecake pan by placing disks into the bottom of each cup.
- Evenly divide crust mixture into all 12 cups (I used a Mini Tart Shaper to press crumbs firmly into the bottom of each cup).
- Place semi-sweet chocolate chips and whipping cream into a small bowl and microwave in 30 second increments, stirring in between, until melted and smooth.
- Spoon chocolate into a zip top bag, cut a tip off and evenly pipe chocolate into the center of each cup, on top of the crust.
- Sprinkle about a tablespoon of coconut and slivered almonds into each cup
- Mix cold milk with pudding on medium speed for 2 minutes. Fold in 1/2 of the Cool Whip container (the rest will be used as topping).
- Spoon filling into a large zip top bag (and ZIP it or you might have a mess!) Clip a corner off and pipe pudding into each cup evenly. Try to pipe it in between the coconut and almonds so that the whole cup is filled. I did have a little left over (which was really tasty straight out of the bag!)
- Use a knife to smooth the tops level with the top of the pan.
- Freeze for at least a couple of hours.
- Allow the pan to warm just a bit before popping each dessert cup out. Poke a finger up through the hole in the bottom of the pan and grab that Almond Joy cup by its crust. Remove the disk from the bottom and you are ready to add topping.
- For topping, I just piped a little bit of the left over Cool Whip on each dessert using a decorating tip. Then I topped it off with a little melted chocolate (Wilton’s candy melts) and a whole almond with some coconut. You could decorate yours however you want!
- Serve cold right away– or put them in a sealed container and freeze until you are ready to serve.
My thoughts: I love Almond Joy candy bars…I love Oreos and anything frozen….so I love these! These were inspired by an earlier recipe, Frosty S’mores Cups. I ran across coconut pudding in the store the other day and the wheels started turning. I think it turned out perfectly– it’s like a coconut cream pie with Almond Joy bars mixed in. mmmmm…….! I hope you enjoy these little treats!
Do you like coconut? We LOVE it here at Easybaked! Click on a picture to see other recipes with this yummy ingredient:
Brilliant! I love almond joy, these sound amazing,
No-bake awesomeness! I don’t have an oven so I am most definitely going to try this.
Enjoy!!! I love no-bake things!
Pingback: 25 Whipped Cream Dessert Recipes
Pingback: Top 10 Copycat Frosty Desserts