These scared little pretzel monster Oreo pops are not only adorable but a perfect salty and sweet combination!
Because I love desserts and I obviously blog about them all the time, my friends are often pointing out cute ideas they find online. That was the case with these cute little pretzel monsters. A friend found them in Family Fun Magazine and posted a picture on my Facebook wall. As soon as I saw them I knew they belonged on an Oreo pop! Aren’t they so cute?!?
They are also very easy, and a great make-ahead treat for fall parties!
Here’s how to create them for yourself: (printable recipe)
INGREDIENTS: (makes about 26-30 pops)
- One box of Oreo Double Stuff cookies
- 30 lollipop sticks
- 1 bag of Wilton’s Candy Melts in black or purple (or both, if you want both colors!)
- Small amounts of Wilton’s Candy Melts in other halloween colors (for the “eyes”)
- Round sprinkles
- 30 Flipz white chocolate covered pretzels
DIRECTIONS: (Need a visual for making Oreo pops? Click here.)
- Make pretzel monsters first by laying all 30 Flipz out on a piece of parchment paper.
- Melt a small amount (maybe 1/3 cup) of any Candy Melt color for the eyes, and spoon into a small zip top bag.
- Zip bag closed and clip a corner off. Pipe color into top two holes of pretzel and gently set a sprinkle “iris” in place.
- Repeat with other colors and allow eyes to harden completely.
- For Oreo pops, carefully twist apart all of the Oreo cookies
- Using one of the lollipop sticks, make an indentation in the white filling of each cookie.
- Melt the about 1/4 of the black or purple Candy Melts in the microwave in 30 second increments, stirring until completely melted and smooth.
- Dip the end of one stick into the melted candy, drizzle a little in the center of the cookie filling and then gently press it into the indentation made.
- Place the top of the cookie back on and allow candy melts to harden (20 minutes or so), cementing the cookie back together with a stick inside. (Freeze for 5-10 minutes to speed this process up)
- Melt remaining black or purple Candy Melts in the same manner.
- Holding the stick, lower the entire Oreo into the bowl of melted Candy Melt, spooning it over the top and sides to cover it completely.
- Allow the excess to drain off and gently place covered Oreo on a piece of parchment paper.
- Immediately place a pretzel monster on top and allow the Oreo to harden completely.
My thoughts: These are cute and yum yum yummy! I like the cute little surprised looks on the pretzel monsters, and they taste GREAT! Wrap these up in cello bags with cute ribbons and you have a fun party treat to share! Enjoy! ~r
A few other October treats here on Easybaked (click on photo to see recipe):