Chocolate “Oreo Thins” cookies, stuffed with a marshmallow and covered in dark chocolate- such a delicious combination!
I haven’t given up making Oreo Thins less healthy! Just a few weeks ago, I posted a recipe using the vanilla Oreo Thins- stuffed with key lime pie (see it here). Today, I bring you chocolate Oreo Thins stuffed with marshmallows and covered in chocolate. They remind me of those yummy pinwheel cookies- the kind with cookie and marshmallow all swirled together!
Yep. You will want to try these- promise! They are even better tasting than they look!
Here is how we put these together: (printable recipe)
INGREDIENTS: (makes 20 cookies)
- 1 box of Oreo Thins in chocolate
- 20 marshmallows (regular size)
- 2 bags of Wilton’s candy melts in dark chocolate
- 1/4 cup of Wilton’s candy melts in white chocolate
- Preheat oven to 350F degrees
- Set half of the Oreo Thins cookies on a cookie sheet that will fit in your freezer, set aside.
- Place a sheet of parchment paper on a second small cookie sheet.
- Set 20 marshmallows out on paper and place in oven for 3 to 4 minutes. Until they become soft- but not toasted.
- Remove from oven and allow marshmallows to cool to a point where you can pick them up.
- Gently use a knife or a skewer to pierce the bottom of the marshmallow (allowing some of the melted part to come out), and set this on top of an Oreo on the 1st cookie sheet.
- Gently pierce the top of the marshmallow and set a second Oreo on it, gently pushing the melted marshmallow out to the edges (it will go a little beyond the edges and this is ok!
- Continue with this process until all cookies have a marshmallow sandwiched between them.
- Freeze for about 30 minutes- until marshmallow is hard.
- Melt Candy Melts in the microwave in 30 second increments, stirring in between until melted and smooth.
- Taking only 2-3 cookies out of the freezer at a time, dip them into the melted chocolate, covering top and sides.
- Quickly remove on a fork, and tap on edge of bowl to remove excess chocolate.
- Gently slide off fork onto parchment paper to harden.
- Melt white Candy Melts in the same manner as the chocolate ones. Place in a small zip-top bag, clip a corner, and drizzle over finished cookies.
- Allow these to harden up before serving.
My thoughts: I was originally going to do these with graham crackers- like a s’mores cookie- but when I realized how well those Oreo Thins work for dipping, I went with those instead- and I’m glad I did! These are absolutely delicious. I really, really loved them! A unique addition to any cookie tray! In fact, I made cookie plates with my last 3 recipes here on Easybaked. I baked them all over one weekend and brought these to my neighbors and friends. Who says you can only do this at Christmas??? 🙂
I hope you get a chance to try some of these fun summer cookie recipes before August disappears into fall! Enjoy!!! ~r
One last shout-out to summer desserts! Click on a photo to see the recipe 🙂