What do you get if you cut a hole in a cupcake and fill it with a Lindt white chocolate truffle? A perfect Father’s Day treat!!!
These are guaranteed to make any golf-loving Father smile on his special day! This one’s for you dad! I can’t wait to see you in 2 weeks and go “golfing” (aka losing cute golf balls in ponds).
How is such incredible cuteness created, you ask? EASY! Make a chocolate cupcake, cut a hole in the top, and pop a Lindt white chocolate truffle inside!
How fun and easy is that? Here are the details (Printable recipe)
- One boxed chocolate cake mix (plus oil, water and eggs to make according to package)
- One tub of white frosting
- One container (about 1 cup) of green sugar sprinkles
- 24 Lindt White chocolate Truffles (I got 2 (5.1oz) bags that each had 12 truffles)
- Make cake according to package and divide evenly into 24 cupcake liners placed in muffin tins.
- Bake according to package.
- Use a cupcake corer or a small knife (use a corer to get that perfectly round cut!) to cut a hole in the center of each cupcake.
- Use a knife to carefully frost the top of each cupcake around the hole.
- Press top of frosted cupcake into green sugar to coat it.
- Place a truffle into “hole”.
- Place a flag in each cupcake- you can print these on heavy paper and use double-sided tape to secure them to toothpicks. Here are 2 files- Happy Father’s Day, and Blank (write your own message) flags.
Click on a picture to be taken to the printable pdf:
My thoughts: I’ve used a cupcake corer on so many cupcakes to add fillings, and the last time I did it, this idea popped into my head! I wasn’t sure how it would turn out, but as soon as I coated my 1st cupcake in that green sugar I knew it would be perfect! Happy Father’s Day to all the dads out there- especially mine!!!!
Want another reason to get a cupcake corer? Here’s four……..
What a great idea! Those Cupcakes look amazing!!!
Love these! Makes me wish I knew someone who played golf!
Haha!! I guess it would be kind of silly to make them and have no one to share them with…. wait…or they could all be yours… 😉
Aww how cute! I love the idea of using a lindt truffle as the golf ball, fab idea!
These are so cute! Perfect for Fathers Day or a Birthday Suprise! Pinned! =)
Pingback: Top 7 Gifts for Dad | Shea Homes Blog
Pingback: 10 Fun Dessert Recipes for Father’s Day! | eASYbAKED
Pingback: 60 Homemade Gifts for Father's Day | Ideas and Inspiration for Every Occasion | Shutterfly
Pingback: Golf Cupcakes – Elizabeth Seryak
Pingback: Creative DIY Gifts That You Can Make for Father's Day -
Pingback: 60 Homemade Gifts for Father’s Day 2020 – PARENTING
Made these for my husband’s birthday tonight. I followed your instructions exactly & they turned out so cute. And delicious- not too sweet, even with the sprinkles. Thanks for the recipe!!
Oh YAY! 🙂 I am so glad they turned out so well for you! Thanks for letting me know!