What do you get if you cut a hole in a cupcake and fill it with a Lindt white chocolate truffle? A perfect Father’s Day treat!!!
These are guaranteed to make any golf-loving Father smile on his special day! This one’s for you dad! I can’t wait to see you in 2 weeks and go “golfing” (aka losing cute golf balls in ponds).
How is such incredible cuteness created, you ask? EASY! Make a chocolate cupcake, cut a hole in the top, and pop a Lindt white chocolate truffle inside!
How fun and easy is that? Here are the details (Printable recipe)
- One boxed chocolate cake mix (plus oil, water and eggs to make according to package)
- One tub of white frosting
- One container (about 1 cup) of green sugar sprinkles
- 24 Lindt White chocolate Truffles (I got 2 (5.1oz) bags that each had 12 truffles)
- Make cake according to package and divide evenly into 24 cupcake liners placed in muffin tins.
- Bake according to package.
- Use a cupcake corer or a small knife (use a corer to get that perfectly round cut!) to cut a hole in the center of each cupcake.
- Use a knife to carefully frost the top of each cupcake around the hole.
- Press top of frosted cupcake into green sugar to coat it.
- Place a truffle into “hole”.
- Place a flag in each cupcake- you can print these on heavy paper and use double-sided tape to secure them to toothpicks. Here are 2 files- Happy Father’s Day, and Blank (write your own message) flags.
Click on a picture to be taken to the printable pdf:
My thoughts: I’ve used a cupcake corer on so many cupcakes to add fillings, and the last time I did it, this idea popped into my head! I wasn’t sure how it would turn out, but as soon as I coated my 1st cupcake in that green sugar I knew it would be perfect! Happy Father’s Day to all the dads out there- especially mine!!!!
Want another reason to get a cupcake corer? Here’s four……..