These dark chocolate cups have a surprise inside: a crunchy little fudge stripe cookie!
I just love those fudge stripe cookies. Even when I am trying to watch my calorie intake, I get the little 100 calorie packs as a treat. They are just soooo yummy! Those little mini cookies were the inspiration for these cookie cups. They fit perfectly inside, and make for a wonderful surprise when you bite into one!
So much fun! Best use of diet food EVER!
Here’s how we made them: (for a printable recipe click here)
INGREDIENTS: (makes 44-48 mini cookie cups)
- 1 stick (1/2 cup) butter, softened
- 3/4 cup of granulated sugar
- 1 egg
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/3 cup of unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1 1/2 cups flour
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon baking powder
- One box of Keebler Mini Fudge Stripe cookies
- One tub of vanilla frosting.
- A little bit of melted chocolate to drizzle on top, if desired
- Preheat oven to 350F degrees.
- Make cookies by combining butter, sugar, egg, vanilla and cocoa powder and beating until completely combined.
- Add other dry ingredients gradually, mixing with beaters until too heavy to beat. Use clean hands to knead dough into a soft ball.
- Use a small cookie scoop (I used a scoop that holds 1/2 Tablespoon of batter) to portion out your dough into mini muffin tins that have been sprayed with non-stick spray.
- Use a tart shaper or a wooden spoon to press the dough into a cup shape (really, the tart shaper works best for this and you will use it again- I use mine all the time!)
- Bake at 350F degrees for 7 to 8 minutes and remove from oven.
- Press centers in a second time with the tart shaper and allow them to cool for just a couple of minutes.
- Use a small paring knife to pop each cup out and allow them to cool completely on the counter.
- Place one mini Fudge Stripe Cookie to each cup
- Spoon frosting into a small bowl and microwave for 20-30 seconds, until soft. Stir until smooth.
- Spoon frosting into a sturdy zip-top bag and clip a corner off. Pipe frosting over cookie to the top of each cup
- Pipe chocolate stripes on top to decorate.
- Allow frosting to firm up.
My thoughts: These are SO easy to make and such cute little desserts. I’m addicted to desserts that surprise you when you bite into them- and these do just that! I hope you enjoy making and sharing these fun little treats! Enjoy!! ~r
Other cookie cup dessert recipes:
This looks amazing and super easy!! Thank you for this post.
You’re welcome! They are really easy:)
Yum! What a fun and unique idea! I may just be trying these! Thanks for sharing!
You’re welcome!!! Have fun!!
Oh my word! They look amazing!
Pingback: Fudge Stripe Cookie cups easybaked.net / … – Recepten