Such an easy and refreshing dessert! If you need something beautiful but quick, this is your recipe!
- One boxed chocolate cake mix (with water, oil and eggs to make according to package)
- One (8 oz) container of Cool Whip
- One (7 oz) container of Jet Puffed Marshmallow fluff
- One tub of ready-made chocolate frosting
- About 25 ripe strawberries.
- Make cake according to box and bake in 2- 8 or 9 inch round pans.
- Cool cakes, trim off tops to level each cake and cut each cake into two layers
- Mix Cool Whip and marshmallow fluff together until smooth.
- Spoon frosting into bowl and heat for about 30 seconds in microwave. Stir. It should be a hot fudge consistency.
- Wash and slice strawberries lengthwise (I used an egg slicer to make this easier).
- Place one layer of cake on serving plate. Spread with a bit of melted frosting and a bit of the cream mixture.
- Place strawberries along the edge with points facing out. Use small pieces to fill in the middle.
- Do this with each layer and then top final layer with remaining cream and frosting.
- Decorate as desired.
- Keep refrigerated until serving.
My thoughts: I miss summer. I’ve been craving strawberries and this yummy cake did the trick! It is easy and delicious and you’ll impress everyone you serve it to! Enjoy!!! ~r
Other strawberry desserts you’ll love ~ click on the image to get to the recipe: