A rich vegan cupcake recipe topped with vanilla buttercream and a cute little candy acorn.
INGREDIENTS: (makes about 24 cupcakes)
- 3 cups of flour
- 2 cups of sugar
- 1/2 cup of cocoa
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 teaspoons baking soda
- 2 tablespoons of vinegar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 3/4 cups oil
- 2 c. water
- 24 Nabisco Nutter Butter Cookie Bites
- 24 Hershey kisses
- 24 butterscotch or peanut butter chips
- 1/4 c. Wiltons milk chocolate candy melts.
- Add dry cupcake ingredients together and mix to remove lumps.
- Add liquids and mix until smooth
- Divide equally into cupcake liners in muffin tins.
- Bake at 350F degrees for 20-25 minutes.
- Allow cupcakes to cool completely and frost with your favorite buttercream recipe (click here for mine) tinted with fall food coloring.
- Make acorns by melting candy melts in the microwave in 30 second increments, stirring between. Dip unwrapped hershey kiss in chocolate and attach to bottom of cookie. Dip butterscotch/peanut butter chip in chocolate and attach to top of cookie. (Click HERE for more details on making these)
- When hardened, gently place one acorn on the top of each cupcake.
My thoughts: Ever since I posted these cute little acorns last fall I’ve wanted to put them on cupcakes!! This was that day. The vegan cupcake recipe is SO yummy. The buttercream frosting isn’t vegan, but you can drizzle your cupcakes with a bit of powdered sugar glaze to keep them a treat for your vegan friends. You can use the cupcake recipe to make a yummy bundt cake too– and that is PERFECT with a light sugar glaze on top. I use this cake/cupcake recipe all the time- it is very moist and flavorful. Enjoy!!!~r