Such an easy and refreshing dessert! If you need something beautiful but quick, this is your recipe!
- One boxed chocolate cake mix (with water, oil and eggs to make according to package)
- One (8 oz) container of Cool Whip
- One (7 oz) container of Jet Puffed Marshmallow fluff
- One tub of ready-made chocolate frosting
- About 25 ripe strawberries.
- Make cake according to box and bake in 2- 8 or 9 inch round pans.
- Cool cakes, trim off tops to level each cake and cut each cake into two layers
- Mix Cool Whip and marshmallow fluff together until smooth.
- Spoon frosting into bowl and heat for about 30 seconds in microwave. Stir. It should be a hot fudge consistency.
- Wash and slice strawberries lengthwise (I used an egg slicer to make this easier).
- Place one layer of cake on serving plate. Spread with a bit of melted frosting and a bit of the cream mixture.
- Place strawberries along the edge with points facing out. Use small pieces to fill in the middle.
- Do this with each layer and then top final layer with remaining cream and frosting.
- Decorate as desired.
- Keep refrigerated until serving.
My thoughts: I miss summer. I’ve been craving strawberries and this yummy cake did the trick! It is easy and delicious and you’ll impress everyone you serve it to! Enjoy!!! ~r
Other strawberry desserts you’ll love ~ click on the image to get to the recipe:
Simply amazing! Love your idea of using egg slicer to slice off strawberries with such perfection!
Will definitely make this for my grandchildren!
Thank you…I predict some happy grand kids!!
This looks so good! Love the idea of using an egg slicer to chop up the strawberries, hadn’t thought of that. 🙂
Thank you- it really does make slicing them sooo easy! Plus it’s kind of fun 🙂
wow..does this look delish..i love the little strawberries on the sides of the cake…looks just beautiful…lovely post..sarah
Thank you so much Sarah!
Beautiful and using the egg slicer for the strawberries is a brilliant idea. Delicious!!
You are so creative! This looks absolutely beautiful!
Thank you Leah!
Absolutely gorgeous Ruthanne! you’ve done it again! Big hug from buenos aires!!
Thanks Felicia!!! Wish I could visit you when I’m in South America next month…but Peru is a long way from you I think…! Sometimes I wish I could just visit all of my blogging friends– you all live in such interesting places!
This is beautiful!!!! I bet it would make a great centerpiece at Easter 😀
Thats a great idea Jess! Thank you!
Reblogged this on Cakes and Crochet and commented:
Will definitely be giving this a try
Thanks! I like cakes AND crochet— so your site is perfect for me!
That looks insanely good. Your desserts always impress me.
What a beautiful cake and it looks delicious!
Thank you so much!!!!
This looks truly sinful and decadent. I love it!
Reblogged this on nccmrm97.
I love the egg slicer idea for the strawberries! Your cake looks delicious 🙂