This delicious coconut cream pie dip is disguised as gooey pumpkin guts (with sliced almond “seeds”)~ a perfect Halloween treat!!
I love carving pumpkins. The smell is my favorite part, it reminds me of being very small and in a homemade costume anxiously awaiting trick-or-treat time. We always carved pumpkins several days earlier, but we lit them on Halloween and all evening the lids would quietly cook in the candle flame, filling the house with an indescribably wonderful scent that still reminds me of childhood whenever I smell it.
I carved a pumpkin for this recipe.
1. To serve this dip in.
2. To use as a reference in coloring this dessert!
Want to know how to make this yummy fall treat? It is SUPER easy! (Printable recipe)
- 3 cups of shredded sweet coconut (to desired consistency)
- 1 cup of sliced almonds
- 1 box (3.3 oz.) Jello Brand White Chocolate Pudding (instant)
- Milk (to make pudding according to package)
- Orange and yellow food coloring
- Chocolate cookies for dipping!
- Make pudding as directed on package and color to desired shade with food colors
- Place coconut in a large zip-top bag and add the same food colors to the bag. Toss and mix coconut until colored as well.
- Mix pudding with enough coconut to make a gooey pumpkin consistency.
- Mix about half of the almonds in, and use the rest to sprinkle on top.
- Serve with chocolate cookies or graham crackers for that “Almond Joy” taste!
My thoughts: Well, I love coconut, almonds and chocolate- so this was a given “perfect” dessert for me! I think it would be fun to serve this with a “murdered” pumpkin, I just didn’t have time to draw a dramatic face and stick a big knife in mine! Serve it up classy, or make it into a funny Halloween treat- either way, it is easy and soooooo yummy! ~Enjoy!!!!! ~r