A little slice of happiness!!!
This recipe was created by myself and my gluten-free friend Brie. It was an experiment and we LOVED it (mostly)…Our only mistake was adding too much coffee to our topping– and I am fixing the recipe to correct that! If you LOVE coffee, add more (I LOVE coffee, so I thought the tart was perfect– but it is 11pm and I am still going strong…so maybe less is better!)
Brie is a photographer…so this post will be filled with her fun photos of the process!
My fun friend Brie!
- 2 1/2 cups of crushed graham cracker crumbs (gluten free!!!!)
- 1/3 c. margarine
- 2 T. sugar
- 1 box of PHILADELPHIA cream cheese- softened
- 1/2c. sugar
- 1/4 c. cocoa powder (Nestle)
- 1 t. vanilla
- 1 tub (8 oz) Cool Whip- thawed
- 1/2c. mini chocolate chips (Nestle are gluten free)
- 1c. heavy whipping cream
- 1T. instant coffee granules
- 1/4 c. powdered sugar (check ingredients- I used Wal-mart brand and no gluten!)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees
- Mix crushed grahams with sugar and melted butter.
- Press into an 8 inch tart pan.
- Place on a cookie sheet and bake at 350 degrees for 12-14 minutes- until edges are firm and crispy.
- Remove from oven and cool completely. Remove out tart ring.
- Mix coffee granules in whipping cream and allow to sit for about 10 minutes. (If you don’t like coffee, just skip this step and make topping by whipping cream and powdered sugar without the coffee granules!)
Whipping cream plus coffee!
- In a large bowl, cream together cream cheese, sugar, cocoa and vanilla until smooth.
Adding vanilla to the rich chocolatey goodness!
- Fold in Cool Whip and blend until smooth.
- Mix in mini-chocolate chips (saving a few for the top).
- Spread in cooled tart crust.
Spread the filling into the crust…
- In medium bowl, mix whipping cream/coffee blend with powdered sugar and whip on high until stiff peaks form.
- Spread over top of tart and sprinkle with a few mini- chocolate chips.
- Serve immediately if you want– or keep refrigerated until use.
- Take pictures!!!! 🙂
Give me all your chocolate chips and nobody gets hurt…..!
My thoughts– YUM!!!! Rich and creamy and I LOVED the gluten free crust (I would use it again for the flavor and consistency- and I’m not on a gluten free diet). I really would use just whipped cream next time and skip the coffee altogether though- I think the two layers clashed in color- lol! Really though– suprise your friends who have to be gluten free with this pie– they will love you for it!!!