These chocolate covered Oreos are so full of holiday cheer! Wrap them in little cello bags for a quick and fun Holiday gift!
I confess. I am addicted to making Oreo pops. I can’t stop. They are so easy and fun. They give me an excuse to buy a package of my favorite cookies. They make people smile.
I have the art of “stick-placing” and “dipping” Oreos to coat them in chocolate down.
Click here for a printable sheet that takes you through the basic process step by step.
- 1 package of Double Stuff Oreos
- 2 bags (12oz each) of milk chocolate candy melts (I use Wilton’s)
- 24 lollipop sticks
- 1 small bag of mini-pretzels
- Candy eyes
- Mini M&Ms
- Gently twist apart Oreos. Some will break. No stress. Eat them.
- Break apart pretzels by using a sharp knife to carefully cut them top to bottom through the center. Then cut the round tops off, leaving a “Y” shape.
- Put eyes and red mini M&Ms into small bowls, ready to use.
- Place candy melts into a bowl.
- Melt candy melts in the microwave in 30 second increments, stirring between, until completely melted and smooth.
- Press a lollipop stick into white filling, making an indentation.
- Dip stick into melted chocolate and spread chocolate on top of white filling.
- Place stick into indentation and set top of cookie back on, cementing the cookie back together around the stick.
- Allow chocolate to harden. If you set cookies on a large plate as you put them together, you can place the entire plate into the fridge to speed the hardening process up.
- Once hardened, pick the cookie up using the lollipop stick and set into melted chocolate.
- Spoon melted chocolate over the Oreo to coat it.
- Gently tap the stick on the bowl’s edge to allow excess chocolate to drip off.
- Slide bottom of cookie along edge of bowl to remove excess chocolate.
- Set cookie on parchment or waxed paper.
- Put pretzel “antlers” into the top of the Oreo, and set two eyes and a nose on the front of the Oreo.
- Allow chocolate to harden completely.
- Serve as-is, or tie up in cello treat bags to give as gifts!
My thoughts: What to do you get when you combine an Oreo with melted chocolate and salty pretzels? Deliciousness!!!!!! Use them as place settings on each plate for Christmas! Make reindeer, snowmen and red/green sprinkle Oreo pops and create a bouquet of pops in a cute Christmas planter for your Christmas celebration! Use them as stocking stuffers or teacher gifts….the possibilities are endlessly fun! Enjoy! ~r