These crisp, caramel- filled cookies are absolutely delicious, can be decorated for any season and are SO easy!
These cookies have made a bigger impression on people than almost any dessert I’ve made. Everyone LOVES these! I love them too and they really are one of the easiest cookie ideas I’ve ever posted. Plus they are cute, and cute always gets bonus points in my book!
These are made by pressing melted Rolos between Ritz crackers and then dipping them in chocolate… as easy as that! You almost don’t need a recipe, but for those of you who like having one, here you go: (printable version)
INGREDIENTS: (makes about 50 cookies)
- One box of Ritz Crackers
- One bag of Rolo caramel candies
- Two bags of Wilton’s Candy Melts in dark chocolate
- Unwrap all those little Rolos…this is the hardest part of this recipe….booooring!
- Preheat oven to 350F degrees.
- Place Ritz Crackers, bottom side up, on a cookie sheet and set one unwrapped Rolo on each one.
- Put these into the oven and leave them for one to two minutes until the Rolo is soft enough to press flat with another cracker- I actually just kept checking until they were soft enough.
- Remove them from the oven and use another Ritz cracker to make a little sandwich of that soft Rolo.
- Allow these to cool completely- I put mine in the fridge for 20 minutes or so until they were nice and firm
- Melt Candy Melts in the microwave in 30 second increments, stirring in between until they are completely melted and smooth.
- Cover each cookie with melted chocolate and use a fork to lift the cookie up. Tap the fork against the side of the bowl to allow excess chocolate to drain off, slide bottom of cookie along edge of bowl to remove extra off bottom, and tip gently off fork and allow cookie to slide onto parchment or wax paper. Sprinkle/ decorate as desired and allow cookie to harden completely.
If you want to skip the chocolate-dipped part, these are still a fun and yummy treat:
My thoughts: As I said earlier, these are really yummy. I like that you can decorate them any way you want for any season- they are like Oreo pops- and you ALL know how much fun I have decorating those here! Use any color of Candy Melt, use sprinkles or drizzles….sky is the limit! My dad tried them and said, “When you put these on your blog, tell people they are the best cookies I’ve ever had.” So there you go. The best ever. Thanks dad!
Other Christmas cookie recipes you’ll have fun trying~ just click on the photo to see the recipe:
Need a fun and unique gift idea? Easybaked has adorable boxed sets of notecards. They have an Easybaked dessert photo on the front and a recipe on the back! The come in a cute box and the best part? They are ON SALE for Christmas, include free shipping and the site that is hosting them offers $10 off a $50 purchase! Enjoy!!! (Click on photo for more information)