These fun truffles are made with green apple (or lime!) Kool Aid filling and they are SO yummy!
It’s the time of year when all things green are made. One of my favorite truffle fillings is made with Kool Aid, which makes the flavors limited only to what little packets of flavor you can find! I made these with green apple Kool Aid, but I’ve made them with lime before too- and they are delicious! This tart fruit filling is SO creamy and smooth. I absolutely love it!
Here’s how we made these delicious little green treats: (printable recipe)
- 1 (8 oz) package of cream cheese (softened to room temperature!)
- 3 cups of powdered sugar
- 3 cups of white chocolate chips
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1 (0.16oz) packet of Kool-Aid drink mix (any flavor- I used green apple)
- 2 bags of Wiltons Candy Melts (in whatever colors you wish)
- Cream together cream cheese, powdered sugar and Kool-Aid in a large mixing bowl.
- Melt white chocolate chips in the microwave in 30 second increments (stirring in between) until smooth and creamy.
- Add melted chips and vanilla to cream cheese mixture and combine until completely smooth.
- Refrigerate for at least 30 minutes.
- Remove mixture from refrigerator and use a small cookie scoop or melon baller to make small balls of filling (I placed these on a plate and put them back in the fridge to chill while I prepared my chocolate to dip)
- Melt the Wilton’s Candy Melts in the microwave in 30 second increments, stirring until smooth and creamy.
- Dip chilled balls of filling in the melted chocolate, draining away excess and placing on parchment paper to harden (if you want pictures of how I dip things click here for a previous recipe) The balls of filling need to stay cold, so keep them in the fridge until you are ready to dip them.
- Decorate with drizzles of fun colored chocolate.
My thoughts: Aren’t they cute? They are SO yummy too… my only recipe tip is to make sure those balls of filling are chilled and your melted candy isn’t super hot. I allowed my candy melts to cool a bit before I dipped. You just don’t want that soft filling to start melting while you dip.
These are as fun as can be using all sorts of fillings, which makes them a good treat for any holiday!
Here they are in other fun flavors. Click on the photo to see how I did them!
Finally, one of our most popular recipes on Easybaked is a St. Patricks Day treat! Bailey’s cupcakes are everyone’s favorite! You should probably try them. 🙂 Again, click on the photo to see the (oh so yummy!) recipe: