I confess. I hate candy corn. Everyone I know loved these cookie bars, but I had to make a little section of no-candy-corn just for me. This recipe is easily made with or without the candy corn. The candy makes it pretty though…and that counts for a lot!
Here you go (printable recipe)
INGREDIENTS: (makes about 24 bar cookies)
- 1 boxed yellow cake mix
- 1/3 cup butter (melted)
- 1 egg
- 3 cups mini marshmallows
- 1 (10 oz) package of peanut butter chips
- 2/3 cup light corn syrup
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- 1/4 c. butter
- 2 cups Rice Krispies
- 2 cups salted, roasted peanuts
- One bag of candy corn
- Preheat oven to 350F degrees
- In a mixing bowl, combine cake mix, 1/3 cup of melted butter and one egg. Mix well, kneading with clean hands at the end.
- Carefully press crust into the bottom of a greased 9×13 pan. (I line mine with parchment paper)
- Bake at 350F degrees for 12-14 minutes.
- Carefully pour mini marshmallows over top of hot crust and place in oven for about 5 minutes (until marshmallows puff up)
- In a large saucepan, heat peanut butter chips, corn syrup, vanilla and 1/4 cup of butter until all chips are melted and smooth.
- Add Rice Krispies and peanuts and combine well.
- Working quickly, spoon topping over marshmallows and then press candy corn on top.
- Chill before cutting and ENJOY!
My thoughts: I can’t believe it is already October. When I spotted candy corn at the store I did a double take. October….already? These are an easy and fun treat for all of your fall parties and events. Hope you love them!! ~r