Big marshmallows covered in creamy caramel and chocolate are dipped in pecans to make an incredibly decadent treat!
These are unbelievably good. I was visiting my friend Andreya in San Diego last weekend and we passed a store while window shopping in La Jolla that had all sorts of dipped marshmallows. I started craving them and had to try this. These are like yummy caramel apples- but with a soft marshmallow inside, instead of an apple. If you are looking for a really unique treat that is easy to put together, this is your recipe!!! I couldn’t believe how easy and yummy these were.
Here’s the recipe: (printable version)
- 2 bags of jumbo marshmallows (24 marshmallows)
- 24 lollipop sticks
- 32 Kraft caramels, unwrapped
- 1 (14 oz) can of sweetened condensed milk
- 1/2 cup of butter
- 1 bag of dark chocolate Wilton’s candy melts
- 2 cups of chopped pecans
- Set marshmallows out on parchment paper and stick one lollipop stick into the flat side of each one.
- In a medium saucepan, melt together caramels, butter and sweetened condensed milk, stirring constantly, until completely smooth (takes about 5 minutes)
- Pour caramel mixture into a bowl.
- Using stick, carefully dip each marshmallow into caramel, coating it to the top. Gently tap stick against side of bowl to remove excess caramel and then slide bottom of marshmallow along bowl’s edge to remove most of caramel. (It is ok if you remove it down to the marshmallow- the chocolate will cover this up!
- Place upright on a sheet of parchment paper and cool.
- Place chocolate candy melts into a bowl, and melt them in the microwave in 30 second increments, stirring in between, until completely melted and smooth.
- Lay a fresh sheet of parchment paper out before beginning next step.
- Place pecans in a small bowl.
- Gently peel a marshmallow away from the parchment paper. This is a little tricky, as it will still be a bit gooey. I held the stick, lifted, and peeled the paper away from the marshmallow.
- Dip bottom of marshmallow into melted chocolate and slide bottom along edge of bowl to remove excess.
- Dip bottom of coated marshmallow into pecans and set on fresh parchment paper to harden.
Once these are hardened up, you can serve them up on a pretty plate, or wrap them in cello bags to use as gifts or favors.
If you aren’t serving them right away, be sure to cover them so the marshmallows don’t harden up.
My thoughts: These are a recipe I will make again. I had fun putting them together and everyone who tried them asked me to make them again. Easy. Yummy. Beautiful. My kind of recipe! Enjoy!! ~r
Other unique recipes you might enjoy:
Yummy! I made something similar to these over the holidays however I had a heck of a time trying to get the caramel to stick to the marshmallows. Did you have any troubles with that?
Not even a tiny bit. It went perfectly! The only tricky part for me was getting the caramel dipped marshmallows off the parchment paper to dip in chocolate- just a touch sticky.
I love these marshmallows!!
Awww these are so cute! 🙂 what a super idea. Love the pecans
Thanks so much…the pecans MAKE these, in my opinion 🙂
Yum! And cute to boot!
I want some!!! Mmmmm
I tried it out this week and took my marshmellows to work as a treat – it was a big success!!!
However, I had some problems with the lollipop stick: because of the hot caramel, the marshmellows got soft and the stick got lopsided. Any suggestions?
Let the caramel cool a little bit before you dip. Dip when it is just warm- not hot and right off the stove. Hope this helps!