Creamy butterscotch cheesecake and a thick layer of caramel sauce over a gingersnap crust . A unique combination of delicious seasonal flavors!!!
Are you ready for Thanksgiving? Have you decided what you’re having for dessert yet–other than the proverbial pumpkin pie? This cheesecake combines three unique fall flavors- ginger, butterscotch and caramel- and it simply melts in your mouth. Wow your guests with an Easybaked cheesecake!!
- One bag (13 oz.) of Archway ginger snaps, finely crushed. (approximately 2 cups)
- 1/4 c. butter
- 2 (8oz.) packages of Philadelphia Cream Cheese (softened)
- 1/2c. sugar
- 3 eggs
- 2 c. butterscotch chips (melted)
- 1 c. heavy whipping cream
- 3 tsp. vanilla
- 32 Kraft caramels (unwrapped)
- 1/2c. butter
- 1 can (14oz.) sweetened condensed milk
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees
- Crush cookies into fine crumbs and add melted butter. Combine well and press into the bottom of a 9-Inch Springform Pan
- Beat softened cream cheese with sugar until smooth.
- Add eggs one at a time, beating in between each one.
- Add remaining cheesecake ingredients, beating until smooth.
- Pour into crust and allow to sit at room temp for 30 minutes.
- Place on a cookie sheet and bake for 60 minutes,
- Turn off oven, open oven door a little and allow to sit for another 30 minutes.
- Remove from oven and run knife around edge of pan. Remove edge of pan.
- Allow to come to room temperature (make caramel topping during this time.)
- Put caramels, condensed milk and margarine into a saucepan and melt over medium heat, stirring constantly until smooth (6-8 minutes)
- Pour caramel over the top of the cooled cheesecake, spreading to edges.
- Refrigerate overnight
- Remove bottom of pan when cheesecake is thoroughly chilled.
- Before serving, pipe whipped cream around edges of cheesecake if desired and sprinkle with a little cocoa powder.
My thoughts: A flavorful creamy cheesecake. I love the gingersnap crust– that adds a lot of the fall spice to this. I ADORE caramel- so there’s a lot of it on this cheesecake. If you want less, simply halve the recipe and be happy!! Have a wonderful Thanksgiving with your family and friends!!!! Enjoy! r~
One last yummy bite…..
Other cheesecake recipes from Easybaked that you might enjoy~ click on the image to be taken to the recipe: